- To grow in the discipleship of Christ.
- To teach self-defense and improve physical conditioning.
- To improve self-discipline, moral character, and humility.
- To defend without hate or anger and without ego.
HOW TO HANDLE CONFRONTATION
- Escape: (Talk, avoid, prevent, or run…) The ability to escape your attacker without any physical force and without causing a disabling injury.
- Control: (Talk, avoid, prevent…) The ability to escape your attacker’s grasp, punch, etc. and control them by use of pressure points, locks, pins, holds, etc. without causing a disabling injury.
- Defend: (Prevent, incapacitate…) The ability to defend yourself or family and incapacitate your attacker by use of necessary force, ONLY. THIS IS AN ACTION OF LAST RESORT!
- Zanshin: (Concern, awareness…) The ability to provide treatment for your partner(s) and/or the attacker(s) after the assault has been terminated, demonstrating a Good Samaritan example.
- Self Defense – Effort – Endurance
- Weight Control – Benevolence – Self Control
- Strength – Physical Conditioning – Flexibility
- Politeness – Sincerity – Self Discipline
- Muscle Tone – Coordination – Truthfulness
- Humility – Honor – Good Character
- Good Attitude – Kindness – Self Esteem
- Courage – Respect – Mental Awareness
- Serious, yet at the same time fun and enjoyable.
- Christ-centered conduct and speech are emphasized.
- Safety is a priority.